Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Monday, November 19, 2012
Your holiday checklist just got shorter.
Create and send a totally personalized greeting card from Treat for FREE.
Whether saying thanks for Thanksgiving, wishing a best friend a holiday birthday, or simply sharing the holiday cheer with a just because card, Treat lets you create a one-of-a-kind card that is sure to impress.
You have to act fast because this offer for one free Treat card is good ONLY on Monday 11/19 (that's today) & Tuesday 11/20 (that's tomorrow)!
To activate this offer, use Promo Code TREATBLOGR at checkout.
Remember, this offer is only good for today (Monday) and tomorrow (Tuesday).
Treat.com is a division of Shutterfly and you know how much I love Shutterfly!
Have a wonderful day. . .
Saturday, October 27, 2012
|OOOH. You want to take me to|
- wonder why in the world I do not have a better handle on digital photo organization, and
- reflect on God's matchless goodness to us this year.
Let's talk about #2!
This summer marks a first for me. I was able to take a trip (with Rodney, of course) to the left coast. In June, we were given the opportunity to attend the Spiritual Leadership Conference at Lancaster Baptist Church. Being in full-time ministry can be challenging, anyone will tell you that. It is a wonderful thing to go and have your batteries recharged and that is exactly what happened. We were able to meet up with friends out there and had a wonderful time of fun, fellowship, FOOD (of course) and Spiritual renewal (sorry, couldn't think of a word that starts with an "f" to continue the alliteration.)
|Bob Hope International Airport--|
|Lancaster Baptist Church|
|Melissa & Daniel Mann,|
Logan Wolf (missing Greyson), and Rodney
Animal-style double burger & fries
|Logan and the Chocolate Motherlode Cake|
at Claim Jumper
|Del-Taco, ummm. Not so much. |
Taco Bell would be a step UP!
|The Library of a GREAT man|
|I can see why he loved this place so much. It is beautiful!|
|Getting ready to go into the Library.|
Leaving there, we headed to San Diego . . .
As I was beginning to work on my Christmas cards last night. . . . Yes. Christmas cards. If you would like a further explanation, please see this post.
Anyway, as i was beginning to work on my Christmas cards last night, I was going through the photos that we had taken at the NC State Fair (see aforementioned post). One of the things that I noticed was that although the photos were good, some even great, they needed a little extra "umph". (Yes, I realize that "umph" is not technically a word, but it does embody the point i was trying to make.)
At that exact moment, I remembered a post that I had read over at my friend Julie's blog, Corbett Capers. The post was entitled "How to Add Text to Photos - 4 Surprisingly Simple Tips" and you can go there by clicking here. In the post, she mentioned a site that I had never heard of called Pic Monkey. On the site, you can upload photos, add text, edit exposure adjust sharpness, crop or re-size photos and you can also apply lots of different effects, along with many other things that I haven't even discovered yet!
As Julie points out, *Notice the crown icon on some of the effects? Those are called Royale Effects, and they will eventually be available only with Pic Monkey's paid membership. They are free for now, though :)
And did I mention that it’s free? No registration required. You can save your edited photos, email them, tweet them, and/or post them on Facebook. If you have any doubts about the absolute coolness of Pic Monkey, please click here to see the list of “Goodies” that the site offers. If you like to edit or are new at the whole process, this may be for you. Check it out and let me know what you think!
Back to the Christmas cards. . .I did get them finished. I have three to choose from. So many choices, so little cash! ;)
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Here are some Kindle freebies that I found today:
by Beverly Lewis
by Martha Bolton
by Brooke McGlothlin
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken
- 4-5 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 (18oz) bottle of your favorite honey bbq sauce.
- 1.5 cup of chicken broth
- 2 cups of frozen bell pepper strips
- 1 (20 oz) can of pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup of water
- Place all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours or LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Use 2 forks to shred chicken while it is still in the crock pot. Let shredded chicken remain in crockpot sauce for 15 more minutes
Friday, October 19, 2012
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
· 4 Flour Tortillas
· 2 cups diced chicken or leftover bbq
· 1 cup BBQ Sauce
· 2 cups freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese
· 1/2 cup green or sauteed onions
· 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
· 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 4 sections
· 3 tablespoons sour cream
· 1 tablespoon bbq sauce
· 1 tablespoon yogurt ranch dressing
- Mix sauce ingredients, stir well and set aside.
- Divide ingredients among four tortillas in this order: 1/4 cup bbq sauce, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/4 of the bacon and then 1/4 of the onions.
- Fold the quesadilla over (like a taco) and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a pan over medium heat, cook quesadillas one at a time, each with its own cube of butter, cut from the original tablespoon of butter.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Once melted through, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, slice into triangles and serve with dipping sauce.
Crockpot Meatball Subs
Yields about 2 1/2 dozen small meatballs
Yields about 2 1/2 dozen small meatballs
- 1 lb. of ground chicken (or ground turkey or beef)
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 can of Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. of Italian Herb seasoning
- 1 tsp. of garlic salt seasoning
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1 - 24 oz jar of pasta sauce (or homemade)
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the diced onion evenly on the bottom of the crockpot.
- In a large bowl, mix together your ground chicken or turkey, bread crumbs, egg, seasonings, and Parmesan cheese.
- Roll mixture into approximately 1.5" diameter balls (golf balls) and begin to place evenly, and stack, in your pot.
- Pour half the can of diced tomatoes over the meatballs.
- Pour enough pasta sauce over the meatballs, just to cover them. About half a jar.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving: on your stove-top in a medium size sauce pan, heat your remaining pasta sauce and diced tomatoes together.
- Add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and let melt into the sauce, on medium-low
- Slice your sub rolls/ buns. Scoop desired amount of meatballs into roll then add cheesy pasta sauce from stove. Sprinkle additional cheese or Parmesan on top, if desired.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Those of you who know me know that I LOVE Shutterfly. I have gotten my Christmas cards from the past few years there. I have gotten personalized correspondence cards from there. It is top shelf stuff and the prices are great. As a matter of fact, most times when I order, I can find a wonderful discount code that makes their already GREAT prices even better. And have I mentioned the quality of the product? Amazing finishes, heavy stock paper, gorgeous colors . . . just to name a few. Customer service? On the VERY few times that I have had the occasion to contact them, I have talked to a real person and they have been courteous and professional every time. So as you can probably tell from my glowing recommendation, I LIKE SHUTTERFLY. You should too.
That brings me to the topic of this post (no, I really haven't gotten to it yet!) CHRISTMAS CARDS!
As we planned our trip to the NC State Fair today (post will follow later), I reminded the Holloman crew that we needed to pose at various spots (our regulars) on the Fairgrounds to take candid shots with my iPhone (better pics that with many traditional cameras I've used), to insert into our 2012 Holloman Family Christmas Card.
Yes. Christmas Card.
Yes. I know it's October 16.
Yes. I am thinking about Christmas Cards already.
This led me to go to Shutterfly's website to explore the possibilities for our cards. . .there are SO MANY!
Click here to see the full lineup of Christmas Cards from Shutterfly!
To see some great deals check out their Special Offers page at http://www.shutterfly.com/
In the spirit of the season of giving, I am going to award a reader a coupon code valued at $50 off total order (does not include shipping & cannot be combined with any other promos). All you have to do is comment on this post and tell me what your favorite style of holiday cards are. I will have a drawing on October 29 for a winner.
If you'd like more information on Shutterfly :
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/Shutterfly
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/
- Instagram: Shutterfly
- Google +: https://plus.google.com/+
- Blog: http://blog.shutterfly.com/
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own! That is all.