Wednesday, April 27, 2022

An ending. And a beginning.


Dear Peace Lutheran Church Family,


On October 27, 2014, I walked into Peace Lutheran Church for the first time. 


I knew nothing of Lutherans or liturgy.


We were new to the area, having moved from North Carolina in August of that year. 


Pastor Ralph and Pastor Ingrid welcomed me with open arms and began the process of teaching me “Lutheran.” 


We’ve transitioned together through leadership changes. We’ve sorrowed together as we have lost some friends to Heaven. We survived COVID together! :) You walked with me through our kids graduating from high school and Allison graduating from college and moving away to begin her life as an elementary teacher. You walked with me through the dark days of Rodney’s cancer diagnosis and treatment. You have treated me, your little “Baptist girl,” like family. And I do consider you as family. My second church home. Friends working together in the Gospel.


Starting Monday, May 2, I will transition to a new adventure at Pellissippi State Community College. The position opened up, and through a series of events that I can only describe as “God” moments, I was hired as the Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Student Affairs. This decision has not been made lightly. It has been covered in prayer and Godly counsel. As I told Pr. Stephen, I thought I would retire from Peace at the ripe old age of 103! 


There are no words to adequately express the gratitude and love that I have for the people of this church. Please know that you will continue to be in my prayers as you move into the future, with God using you to reach the world with the Gospel. 


The plan is for our family to be at Peace during the service this Sunday, May 1.  If you can be there, I would love to shake your hand or hug your neck. My only request is that you continue to pray for our family, as you have done so faithfully during our almost seven years together.


God bless you all,

Andrea


No comments:

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...