- To keep drains clean, pour about one tablespoon of baking soda in the drain, and follow it with half a cup of vinegar (strained waste vinegar). Leave to bubble for a few minutes, then pour boiling water down the drain. Doing this every week or so you will prevent get blocked drains! If the drains are blocked already, this process will unblock them if you repeat it several times.
Use in place of expensive cleaning products such as tile cleaners, sink cleaners.
- Sprinkle on your carpets and rugs before vacuuming, in place of carpet deodorizer. This works wonders and leaves a nice fresh scent.
- Keep a small open container of baking soda in the fridge to absorb smells.
- Remove baked-on stains with a paste of two parts baking soda, one part salt, and enough lemon juice to make a thick paste. Spread over the stain and leave to dry, and then wash off.
- Use as a deodorant for kitty litter boxes.
- Make an all-purpose cleaner by mixing 1/2 cup cloudy ammonia, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1 tablespoon sodium bicarbonate and 4 liters (1 gallon) of hot water. (If you double the amounts of everything except water you will have a strong enough cleaner to tackle the heaviest jobs. Make sure you wear gloves, and don't mix the solution with bleach.)
- Hopefully that will give you some cleaning tips using Baking Soda. Stay tuned for more great frugal housecleaning tips.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Do you clean with an Arm & Hammer?
Baking soda is a wonder cleaner. Inexpensive, (you can purchase this at most dollar stores or even grocery stores for less then $1), it makes for a frugal cleaning dream. Whether you are a pro at house cleaning or just cleaning your own, here are a few of the many cleaning uses of baking soda.
Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...
Berry on Board. Helpful BlackBerry Apps for Parents http://crackberry.com/berry-board-helpful-apps-parents
LaterFlag: Free App That Allows You To Flag Your Emails | Apps & Games | BlackBerry Rocks! Shared via AddThis