Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cookies for a Snowy Day: No Bake Cookies

Many thanks to Amy @ The Finer Things for this quick and easy treat!

No Bake Cookies

1/2 c. butter or margarine
1/2 c. milk
2 c. sugar
3 c. oatmeal (I use old fashioned)
5 Tbsp. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. peanut butter (I like chunky)

  1. Mix butter, sugar, cocoa, and milk in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
  2. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
  3. Remove from heat.
  4. Add cocoa, oatmeal, vanilla, and peanut butter.
  5. Mix well.
  6. Spoon onto wax paper.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

*I like to use my cookie scoop for a more uniform shape. I squash them a little after scooping.
*If you’re in a hurry, place the wax paper on a cookie sheet pan. After scooping, let the cookies set up in the fridge.

No comments:

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...