Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Hope of His Return

As we were coming to school today (Wednesday), I was running late as usual. I flipped on the radio to catch the weather (it's cold!) and caught the news "highlights."
  • In California, 4 people have been killed at a Korean temple.
  • In Alabama, a man set to go on trial today for abuse of his family, killed them and himself.
  • In Italy, the death toll from the earthquake has risen to 250.
I was shaking my head in disbelief at all the tragedy and sadness that I had heard about in the last 60 seconds. Allison, my 9 year old, looked up at me and said, "You know what that means don't you momma? The Lord is coming back REAL soon. The Bible says that things will get worse and worse, and that sounds pretty bad!" She's kinda wise for a kiddo!

When I got to work, this is what was on my calendar:
  • Job 19:25-26--For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth. . .in my flesh shall I see God.
  • "Thank You for giving me a glimpse of Your return! I long for the day when I can see you face to face! Amen.
I want to live with the urgency that the Lord may return today! There are people who are dying and do not know the only True Hope. May I live like today may be my last day before His return (because it very well could be!)

Andrea

No comments:

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...