Thursday, July 22, 2010

Gideon the Conqueror . . .really?

I love the story of Gideon.

God took a reluctant hero and changed Israelite history.

He wasn't Hercules.
He wasn't Napoleon.
He wasn't Patton.
He wasn't Petraeus.

He WAS Gideon, going in the power of the LORD.

Who else could win a battle against thousands with 300 scared men, a pitcher, a trumpet, and a torch? It HAD to be the LORD, working through him.

It makes me wonder what God is waiting to do with me, little old plain me, if only I would let HIM.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love the story of Gideon! This challenge has been a real blessing.

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...