Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Have Mercy!

Today is day 38/90 and I am completely current (after my wonderful husband took care of the kids, house, etc. and I read for almost 5 hours Monday. I LOVE that man!)


This has been an interesting journey for me. One of the things that has stood out to me like never before is the goodness and mercy of our God. Webster defines mercy as: compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender or to one subject to one's power; also : lenient or compassionate treatment.

Over and over and over again HE showed mercy to people who didn't deserve it. They broke HIS laws repeatedly, fell into the same idolatry, worshiped the same false gods, but HE had mercy.

I am so thankful that we have the pictures of Adam & Eve, Noah, Moses, David, Solomon, etc. to remind us of HIS mercy.

They struggled with the same things (sins) that we struggle with today.

They stumbled.

They fell.

They wallowed.

But God had mercy.

The Bible is as relevant to 2010 as it was 2000+ years ago.
I am humbled that HE would love me. I am in awe of HIS mercy.




1 comment:

Lisa said...

Amen!

And yay!!! You're caught up. That is fantastic. You're hubby deserves a huge pat on the back!

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...