Monday, June 9, 2008

All about making homemade mixes and recipes


from Leanne Ely

I learned a few tricks and some great treats to make that didn't take much time. I gave myself a few rules for groceries (like I'll never pay over .10/ounce for dry cereal, for example) and I stuck with them. That helped me cut grocery store dollars way, way down and gave me the much needed boost I needed to be able to put money into something else, other than food. It was amazing how drastically I cut my costs!

One of the places you can do that is with those packaged mixes. I am particularly fond of taco seasoning mix, although less fond of the cost and the MSG that is inevitably in there. I still use it on occasion, but I've also made this mix before and it's terrific and easy to make.
Click here for the link to the following recipes:
  • Taco Seasoning Mix
  • Noodle Mix
  • Homemade Shake and Bake
  • Dry Onion Soup Mix
  • Homemade Flavored Rice Mix
  • Vegetables Rice Mix
  • Spanish Rice Mix
  • Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix
  • Teacher Rice Mix
  • Onion-flavored RiceMix
  • Chicken-flavored Rice Mix
  • Mexican Rice Mix
  • Vegetarian Rice Mix

No comments:

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...