Cooking the broccoli with the pasta saves time -- and cleanup.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion
1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut lengthwise into thin strips
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
8 ounces fettuccine or linguine
1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets, unthawed
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Add onion, bell pepper, rosemary, and thyme; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
3. Drain fettuccine and broccoli well and place in a large serving bowl. Cover with foil and keep warm.
4. Increase heat to medium-high and add chicken, water, bouillon granules, and ground pepper to onion-bell pepper mixture; stir to combine. Cook, uncovered, stirring often, until chicken is no longer pink on the inside, about 5 minutes.
5. Add half-and-half, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring, just until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Ladle over fettuccine and broccoli and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...
Berry on Board. Helpful BlackBerry Apps for Parents http://crackberry.com/berry-board-helpful-apps-parents
LaterFlag: Free App That Allows You To Flag Your Emails | Apps & Games | BlackBerry Rocks! Shared via AddThis