Cooking the broccoli with the pasta saves time -- and cleanup.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion
1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut lengthwise into thin strips
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
8 ounces fettuccine or linguine
1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets, unthawed
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Add onion, bell pepper, rosemary, and thyme; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
3. Drain fettuccine and broccoli well and place in a large serving bowl. Cover with foil and keep warm.
4. Increase heat to medium-high and add chicken, water, bouillon granules, and ground pepper to onion-bell pepper mixture; stir to combine. Cook, uncovered, stirring often, until chicken is no longer pink on the inside, about 5 minutes.
5. Add half-and-half, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring, just until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Ladle over fettuccine and broccoli and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Day 41 Things I Love About My Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis Before you question my sanity, please let me explain. I cried while I was ...
Star Wars Free Printable Tags & Stickers If you have a Star Wars Lego lover like I do, then they will love you forever by ...
One thing that is been very helpful to me during times of wait is to keep a “Thanksgiving Journal”. Basically you take a moment each da...
How many times have I lost my song during "waiting times?" Lord, help me keep my song, even when all I can do is hum . . . ...