Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Comfort Food Recipe Swap @ Life as Mom!

FishMamma over at Life as Mom is hosting a Comfort Food Recipe Swap today. My favorite "go-to" recipe is Alfredo with Grilled Chicken. Here's the recipe:

Chicken Alfredo (a la Andrea)


1 stick butter (the real thing, please)
1 8 oz. block of cream cheese
Garlic pepper to taste

Melt these together on medium heat. Whisk or use a mixer until smooth. Add garlic pepper.

2 cups liquid--I use 1-1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup water (Whole or skim milk work fine too!)


Whisk in the liquid, stirring constantly. It will be thin.

6-8 ounces of Parmesan cheese

I use the cheapest grated kind. (I have also grated fresh cheese myself for this recipe and couldn't really tell a difference.) Add cheese slowly to the liquid until blended. Turn heat to low and let cheese melt slowly. It will thicken upon standing off the heat.


I like to make this and refrigerate it until the next day. It reheats well, but you have to add some water to get it to thin up some. It is VERY thick. A word of warning, don't freeze it. I made that mistake and had to throw it away. I don't know if it is the cream or the cream cheese, but it doesn't freeze well.

Serve with grilled chicken strips and linguine pasta.

Serves approx. 6 people (more or less depending on how hungry you are!)

Check out Life as Mom's Site. It's awesome!

No comments:

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...