My dear friend Kim Carper sent this to me, along with several more recipes that I will post in the next few days. Thanks Kim!
Chocolate Chip, Oats 'n Caramel Cookie Squares
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Dash salt, if desired
- 2/3 cup caramel topping
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 bag (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in oats and salt. Reserve 1/2 cup dough for topping. In ungreased 9-inch square pan, press remaining dough mixture evenly in bottom to form crust.a
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until dough puffs and appears dry.
- In small bowl, mix caramel topping, flour and vanilla until well blended. Sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips evenly over crust. Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture. Crumble reserved 1/2 cup dough mixture over caramel.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen bars. Cool completely, about 1 hour, 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake crust 12 to 14 minutes. After topping crust, bake 22 to 27 minutes