Finally! We're making over California Pizza Kitchen's world-famous BBQ chicken chopped salad, with our own special dressing. YAY!!!
- 3 oz. cooked boneless skinless lean chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce (with about 45 calories per 2-tbsp. serving), divided
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped jicama
- 3 tbsp. canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp. canned sweet corn kernels, drained
- 2 tbsp. chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. chopped basil
- 2 tbsp. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 5 baked tortilla chips, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. fat-free ranch dressing
Place chicken and 1 1/2 tbsp. BBQ sauce in a small bowl and toss to coat. Set aside.
Place lettuce in a large bowl. Top with tomato, jicama, black beans, corn, scallions, cilantro, and basil.
Add the saucy chicken and top with cheese and tortilla chips.
To make the dressing, mix remaining 1/2 tbsp. BBQ sauce with ranch dressing. Serve and enjoy!
MAKES 1 SERVING
Serving Size: 1 large salad (entire recipe)
POINTS. value 7*