Turkey and Vegetable Chili from the Biggest Loser Website!
The Biggest Loser | NBC Official Site
For the chili:
1-½ tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, medium diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small red chili, seeded and small diced
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 large carrot, peeled and small diced
1 large celery stalk, medium diced
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and medium dice
12 ounces 1% lean ground turkey
4 medium size ripe tomatoes, medium diced
8 oz cooked white or black beans
4 cups baby spinach
Freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup plain fat free Greek style yogurt
Micro cilantro to garnish, (can substitute with chopped chives or chopped cilantro)
* Place a large saute pan over medium high heat, then drizzle with the oil.
* Add the onion, garlic, and red chili and sauté for 2 minutes, or until tender.
* Sprinkle the cumin over the onion mix and stir well, then add the carrot, celery, and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables begin to get tender.
* In a separate saute pan, brown the turkey in the remaining oil over medium high heat, then transfer to the vegetable mix.
* Add the tomatoes and the beans and cook for a further 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the tomatoes have broken down and most of the liquid has evaporated.
* Stir in the spinach and remove from the heat.
* Season the chili to taste with freshly ground black pepper
* Spoon the chili into serving dishes
* Spoon a tablespoon of the yogurt onto each garnish with the micro cilantro and serve.
Total Fat 7g
Sat Fat 1.5g
Total Carb 28g
Dietary Fiber 9g