Day 10

A Blessing
(Numbers 6:24-27)
  • The LORD bless thee, and keep thee.
  • The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
  • The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
A blessing is defined as:
  1. the act or words of a person who blesses
  2. a special favor, mercy, or benefit: the blessings of liberty
  3. a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness
  4. the invoking of God's favor upon a person
God used Aaron & his sons to pronounce this blessing on the children of Israel, following a lot of laws, geneaologies, and commandments.

It is tucked in there, pretty as you please and if you are not careful, you'll miss it.

God's blessing.

I yearn for God's blessing.
  • for me
  • for my husband
  • for our marriage
  • for our children
  • for our church
  • for our friends
  • for our community
I am reminded of the old hymn.

Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need.
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

Lord please bless us today!

Comments

Lisa/Mae said…
Oh my! I just finished my post for today's reading and then I come and see yours! Very nice!

Popular posts from this blog

For the Love of Reading . . .

My New Favorite Bread Recipe

Easy Italian Breadsticks