- The LORD bless thee, and keep thee.
- The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
- The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
A blessing is defined as:
- the act or words of a person who blesses
- a special favor, mercy, or benefit: the blessings of liberty
- a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness
- the invoking of God's favor upon a person
God used Aaron & his sons to pronounce this blessing on the children of Israel, following a lot of laws, geneaologies, and commandments.
It is tucked in there, pretty as you please and if you are not careful, you'll miss it.
I yearn for God's blessing.
- for me
- for my husband
- for our marriage
- for our children
- for our church
- for our friends
- for our community
I am reminded of the old hymn.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need.
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
Lord please bless us today!