Tuesday, November 16, 2010

East Coast Ladies' Retreat Reflections

It is hard to put on "paper" what the Lord did in my heart at the East Coast Ladies Retreat at Gateway Church. I had the opportunity to have my sister Erica with me for this retreat and that was a special blessing. The laughter, the fellowship, the music, the speakers, the late-night run to the Cheesecake Factory . . . it all adds up to a wonderful time.

Because we are a host church for the retreat at Faith Church, we get to see things from a different perspective. I so appreciated the Gateway ladies' hospitality, their kind words, their planning, and their organization. Everything--from the dismissals to the meals to the vendors--flowed so smoothly.

But the thing that I think was most evident was the "spirit" at the meeting. It was obvious that the church as a whole, but especially the Gateway ladies, had bathed this retreat in prayer. The sessions from Mrs. Trahan and Mrs. Capaci were amazing. They are BOTH testimonies of God's grace. They BOTH challenged me to stretch myself as a Christian. Mrs. Trahan's recall of the Scriptures put me to shame. I am thankful that BOTH of the speakers focused in on my relationship with the Lord, realizing that if THAT relationship is right, then my relationship as a wife, mother, daughter, employee, etc. will be in the right perspective. I am so thankful for times of refreshing . . .

The trip to Virginia Beach seems like a long one, but the travel time was well worth the blessings received.

I am looking forward to "Southern Grace" in 2011 at Parker's Chapel Church in Greenville, NC.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

It was awesome! I almost didn't go and am so glad I did! :)

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...