Saturday, December 4, 2010

I am thankful


I am thankful for a new front-loading washer that will steam clean clothes and has a speed cycle that will wash a load in 15 minutes. DH found it on a great deal on Black Friday and it was delivered yesterday.

Forgive me for waxing nostalgic for a minute, but when Rodney and I were first married, we lived in a couple of apartments that did not have a washer and dryer. Doing our late-night laundry runs at the Suds-O-Matic was a way of life for us. I am pretty sure that we observed several drug deals and who knows what else. Every time I do laundry, from the comfort of my own hallway, I breathe a prayer of thanks.

It looks like this:

I was a little sad to see the old one leave, we got it the week Allison was born, but not so sad that I asked them to leave it on the back porch! It was a good one, but was starting to show signs of its age.

A big shout out to @! The delivery guys from the Wilson, NC store were AWESOME yesterday. They were courteous (although I am not sure I am ready to be called "ma'am" by a whippersnapper who looks like he just graduated from high school), Quick (they were in and out in about a half an hour), and Professional (they came when they said that would and they didn't leave a mess)! That's a win in my book.

Thanks guys!

And most wonderful thanks to my knight in shining armor who ALWAYS takes such good care of our family. God has given me a wonderful, godly man (who I know I take for granted at times) who loves me and the kids with an unfailing, never-ending love. He is exactly who I need. He makes me laugh. He treats me like an equal. We are a team.

And I am thankful!

No comments:

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...