Monday, June 27, 2011

Fort-I-Tude

I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of fortitude.

  • I will spend more time with the Lord each day.
  • I will spend more time "sharpening my axe" to be a better wife, mother, sister, and daughter.
  • I will try to listen to the Holy Spirit's prompting to be a better encourager.
  • I will play with my kids more.
  • I will read more.
  • I will watch less TV.
  • I will strive each day to do something to make my life healthier: walk, drink more water, etc.
Fortitude is defined as adversity, danger, or temptation courageously.

The problem with fortitude (if I am not very careful) is that is relies on me.

Not HIM.

The Bible plainly states in Philippians 4:13 that
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Any fortitude that I have must come through HIM.

My goal should be to approach the list above, through HIM, for HIS glory.

Anything done with/in/through my own fortitude will not bring glory to HIM, but to myself. And to me, that is not acceptable.

Do I succeed every time bringing HIM glory? NO.
Do I desire success? YES.

So as I look at the list, I think, "I can do it--through HIM!"

1 comment:

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...