Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It's Not Goodbye . . . See ya later!



Today, I must say goodbye to a life-long friend. 

Linda Summers Green entered my life as a middle school teacher and after high school graduation, continued as my friend. . .up until the end of her life. She was a blessing to everyone she met and she will be missed.

It saddens me that I will not be able to go to Tennessee today to honor the memory of this precious saint of God. I loved her very much and like so many others (friends, family, and former students) have already stated in much more eloquent words than mine, she made a tremendous impact on my life as a young person. 
She taught me to NEVER let anything stand in my way and that physical difficulty is no excuse to NOT serve the Lord. 

I am a blessed woman to have known her and to have been influenced by her.


Mrs. G and Charlene, her daughter
Mrs. Linda Faye Summers Green, age 64 of Seymour, Tennessee passed away Saturday, June 8, 2013 at the University of Tennessee Regional Medical Center in Knoxville, Tennessee. She was a member of Bethel Baptist Church in Hillsville, Virginia. Mrs. Green was a Teacher at the Laurel Valley Christian School for 12 Years. She loved her Students Greatly and took pride in Teaching and preparing them for Life.






No comments:

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...