One of the things I love so much about pound cake is that crispy, crunchy "crust" that forms. One of our favorite ways to eat Pound Cake is with freshly sliced strawberries and whipped cream. . . .a favorite summer treat!
Super Simple Pound Cake
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease and bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition.
- Sift the flour. Add it to the creamed mixture with the whipping cream.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and place in a cold oven.
- Turn the oven to 300 and bake for 80-90 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from the pan.