Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 11 #B90Days

There was no one thing that stood out to me while reading this passage, so here are my observations:

  • 9:8--"Stand still" The people were in such an uproar (as usual). Can't you just see Moses holding up his hand, looking them squarely in the face, and saying "Be at ease!"
  • 10:35--"Rise up, Lord, and let thine enemies be scattered; and let them that hate thee flee before thee." There are days, in this time of "tolerance" for EVERYONE except Christians, that I think of this verse.
  • 11:19-20--"until it come out at your nostrils" I actually giggled when I read this. After another bout of complaining, this time about the lack of "flesh" to eat, Moses went to the LORD in frustration. "Wherefore has thou afflicted thy servant? have I not found favor in thy sight? I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me. And if thou deal thus with me, kill me I pray thee." The LORD then appointed 70 men to help Moses bear the load of the people. HE then said to the COI, "ye shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days; but even an whole month, until it come out at your nostrils, and it be loathsome unto you. . ." You wanted meat, you're gonna get meat!
  • 13 - 15--I am reminded of the kids' tune, "Twelve men went to spy in Canaan, ten were bad and two were good!"
Throughout these verses, there is a pattern that I know you have seen; everything is going great, then the COI get discouraged or things don't go their way, they murmur "we should have stayed in Egypt, things were so much better there," Moses intercedes for them to the Lord, God either shows them a miracle (water from the rock, anyone) or sends pestilence (serpents or plagues) to remind them of Who He is, and they repent "we have sinned."

Let's not be like the COI! Determine in your heart today to learn from their history and make today a new day. Love the life you have. It's the one HE gave you.


No comments:

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...