Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Buttery Sweet Bread

I have had this recipe for years (so long, in fact, that I cannot remember the source) and used it for many different things. It makes a great loaf bread, it also makes spectacular cinnamon rolls. Just make the dough as normal, roll it out, fill it up with cinnamon and sugar, and then make a basic cream cheese glaze to go on top when they're done…

I only use my bread machine for the dough cycle. I let it rise in the pan, and then roll it over to my bread pans, let it rise, and bake it in the oven. I like the texture a lot better this way.

Buttery Sweet Bread
1 1/2 pound loaf
  • 1/2-cup milk
  • 1/3-cup water
  • 1 egg, large
  • 1/4-cup butter or margarine, cut into small cubes
  • 1-teaspoon salt
  • 3 1/3 cups bread flour
  • 1/4-cup sugar 
  • 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
To make in the bread machine: 
Add ingredients to bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. (Mine suggests that I put all the dry ingredients in first, make a well in the flour mixture, and then add the wet ingredients in the well, making sure that anything warm does not get near the yeast.) Set to "dough" cycle.

Remove from bread maker at the end of  the dough cycle. Place in prepared bread pans and let rise. (Makes 2 loaves.)

Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. 

Brush melted butter on top while bread is still hot. 

Let cool before slicing (if you can)! 

No comments:

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...