- 1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F.)
- 1 tsp. sugar1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Dissolve the yeast in the water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in and mix.
- Dump onto a floured surface.
- Knead into a smooth dough (five minutes or so).
- Roll out and press down onto a greased pizza pan.
Add toppings. (Have fun and be creative with this! Our favorite variety is salsa or barbecue sauce, diced cooked chicken, and cheese.)
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for around 12-15 minutes until the crust looks crispy and lightly browned.
By the way, you can make up a double or triple batch of the pizza crust dough and freeze the extras if you don't need it. This speeds up the preparation even more as all you have to do is pull out a bag of dough and a bag of chopped cooked chicken in the morning and then put the pizza together right before you're ready to eat. You can also freeze the pizzas already cooked - but I doubt it would ever stay uneaten long enough to make it to the freezer around here!