Shrimp and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 ounces snow peas
- 1/2 cup drained whole baby corn
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 4 scallions, cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
1. Blend the water, soy sauce, wine, cornstarch, and ginger together in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add broccoli to wok and stir-fry until bright green, about 2 minutes. Add bell peppers and snow peas; stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 1 minute more.
3. Return shrimp to wok. Add corn, water chestnuts, and scallions. Stir sauce mixture to combine and add to wok; stir-fry until sauce thickens and boils, about 1 minute.