Flourless and Sugar Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies
Makes 24 small cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Splenda granular sweetener
- 2 T Brown Sugar (or use 2 T Splenda Brown Sugar Blend or 1 T Splenda + 1 T brown sugar)
- 3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla (I used Mexican vanilla)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 C natural peanut butter without added sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Cut parchment to fit baking sheet, or spray with non-stick spray.
- In plastic bowl, add eggs, Splenda, Brown Sugar (or substitute described above), cocoa powder, baking powder, and vanilla. Use hand beater or stand mixer to beat together about 30 seconds.
- Add almond meal and beat 15-20 seconds. Add peanut butter and beat until well mixed., about 20 more seconds. Dough will be stiff, so scrape it off the beaters if needed.
- Use a small spoon to measure out about 2 tsp. of dough and roll each cookie into a ball, then arrange cookies in rows on baking sheet. Leave enough room to smash down cookies with a fork when the baking sheet is full.
- Smash cookies to about 1/2 inch thick, then bake for 15-17 minutes, or until top feels firm and cookies look done.
- Let cool a few minutes before eating.
I found this recipe over at Kayln's Kitchen.