Friday, March 27, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
- You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
- You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton
- You know that 'WOAH' comes from Joey on Blossom
- If you ever watched 'Fraggle Rock'
- It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
- You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
- You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
- You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
- You played the game 'MASH' (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
- You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
- You know the profound meaning of ' WAX ON , WAX OFF'
- You wanted to be a Goonie.
- You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (Some of us...head-to-toe)
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off, his cheeks shifted and his nationality became questionable.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
- You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
- You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
- You still get the urge to say 'NOT' after every sentence.
- You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
- You ever owned a p air of Jelly-Shoes.
- After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying 'I know you are, but what am I?'
- You remember 'I've fallen and I can't get up'
- You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
- You have ever played with a Skip-It.
- You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
- You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
- You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
- You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
- You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool... and don't even flinch when people refer to them as 'NKOTB'
- You knew all the characters names and their life stories on 'Saved By The Bell,' The ORIGINAL class.
- You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
- You just sang those words to yourself.
- You still sing 'We are the World'
- You tight rolled or french cuffed your jeans. And still debate on which is the right term!
- You owned a bannana clip.
- You remember 'Where's the Beef?'
- You used to (and probably still do) say 'What you talkin' 'bout Willis?'
- You're still singing Shot Through the Heart in your head, aren't you!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
For the rest of the article, click here.
Cranberry Orange Scones
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cranberries and orange peel.
- In a small bowl, mix buttermilk and egg; add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring until mixture is just moistened.
- On a floured board, knead gently a few times, but not too much.
- Form into a patty on an ungreased cookie sheet; cut into 8 wedges with a knife but do not move it.
- Bake at 400 degrees F.
- for 15-25 minutes or until light golden.
- Mix together powdered sugar and orange juice into a glaze; drizzle over scones.
- Separate scones and serve warm.
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Brown hamburger with onion. Drain. Combine in skillet with remaining ingredients. Simmer about 20 minutes. Serve on toasted Hamburger Buns. Enjoy!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Here's what the etsy site has to say:
Bagel Creations is the home of the Chico Cozy ™. The Chico Cozy ™ is named after the city in which it is made. Chico, CA is a great place to live with a great sense of community and a deep appreciation for the environment. Chico Cozies ™ are made from high quality fabrics and lined with insulbright. An elastic loop and button make them adjustable so that they fit nearly any disposable cup. Perfect for wrapping around hot or cold drinks, a Chico Cozy ™ is the perfect way to cozy up your world! Find more info at www.chicocozy.com
These look amazing and look like something that would be used a lot around here.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (available in health food stores)*
- 3/4 cup sucanat (natural evaporate sugar cane juice, available in health food stores)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup kefir or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (use a cold pressed oil, like safflower)
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen**
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare muffin tin by greasing or line with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and make a well in the center. In another bowl, mix together wet ingredients till well blended. Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing till just combined; do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the berries and spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
*Whole wheat pastry flour is softer and finer than regular whole wheat flour, resulting in a nicer textured muffin.
**To keep blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffin pan, toss with a tablespoon of flour before adding to your batter.
Day 41 Things I Love About My Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis Before you question my sanity, please let me explain. I cried while I was ...
Star Wars Free Printable Tags & Stickers If you have a Star Wars Lego lover like I do, then they will love you forever by ...
One thing that is been very helpful to me during times of wait is to keep a “Thanksgiving Journal”. Basically you take a moment each da...
How many times have I lost my song during "waiting times?" Lord, help me keep my song, even when all I can do is hum . . . ...