Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Homemade Wheat Bread

I must admit that I am not a wheat bread girl. I love the non-nutritional "white stuff" and was very thankful to find a certain bread (whose initials are WW) that offers at least some healthy ingredients. Then I found this recipe. It is a great whole wheat alternative. This recipe produces a very soft and tasty product that I know you will enjoy.

Homemade Wheat Bread


Yield: 1 good size loaf

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 2 tablespoons honey (or molasses)
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons instant active dry yeast

Put everything in the machine in the order listed and use the dough setting. After it beeps (1:40 for mine) I put it in a bread pan and let it rise for 30 min then bake it for 30-35 min in a 350 degree oven.

No comments:

Featured Post

Coffee? A Love Language?

  Coffee? A Love Language**? Have you ever wondered why that weekly cup of coffee you see on Instagram or Facebook is so important to me? Ot...