Why don't I make Chocolate Chip Cookies more often?
They are so easy to make and taste so much better than packaged dough. . .
Andrea’s Everyday Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s the one my mom used, tweaked by me!
- 3/4 cup butter flavor vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet, white, or milk chocolate chips (1 cup) or any combination thereof
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
TIP: If nuts are omitted, add an additional handful of chocolate chips.If they make it past the cooling rack, store them tightly sealed for a couple of days (they won't last that long. . .)