Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Please take a few moments today to ponder the cost of salvation. . .
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
- In California, 4 people have been killed at a Korean temple.
- In Alabama, a man set to go on trial today for abuse of his family, killed them and himself.
- In Italy, the death toll from the earthquake has risen to 250.
When I got to work, this is what was on my calendar:
- Job 19:25-26--For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth. . .in my flesh shall I see God.
- "Thank You for giving me a glimpse of Your return! I long for the day when I can see you face to face! Amen.
Friday, April 3, 2009
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 - 1 cup natural sweetener
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- dash of cloves
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1 cup cultured buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Add cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and cloves; mix well.
- Make a well in the center; pour in the buttermilk and stir until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan and cover with chopped nuts, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Go to Hallmark here and choose and create a customized card of your choice. Use the code TRIAL when you check out and Hallmark will mail the card to your chosen recipient completely free!
from Money Saving Mom
- 1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red peppers
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Separate dough into eight triangles; spread with cream cheese.
- Top evenly with remaining ingredients.
- Roll up, starting at shortest side of each triangle.
- Place, point-sides down, on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- 1- 12 oz. tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 c. milk
- 1 large package french vanilla pudding mix, instant
- 1 bag of mini-snickers(or your favorite caramel-filled candy bars)
- 3 apples (Granny Smith are my choice)
- Chop the snickers into small chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the milk and pudding mix for a few minutes, or until completely mixed and smooth.
- Fold in the cool whip with a spatula.
- Chunk up the apples into bite-sized pieces (Toss with a dash of lemon juice to keep from turning brown).
- Add the candy bars and apples to the cool whip mixture and fold them in.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
Are you feeling tired? Stressed? Just plain cranky? Maybe it's not you... maybe it's what you are (or aren't!) eating. We've got a few tips to help you kick those moody blues. Chow down and cheer up! Click here for more. . .
Kim gave me a bag of these back in November and they were delish. I think the secret to the delightful flavor is the coffee. . .Thanks Kim!
Heavenly Chocolate Chunk Cookies
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons self rising flour
¾ cup margarine
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated white sugar
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
1 (11.5 oz.) package semisweet chocolate mega-morsels
1 cup walnut halves, toasted
Combine first 3 ingredients; stir well.
Combine butter and coffee granules in a small saucepan or skillet. Cook over medium-low heat until butter melts and coffee granules dissolve, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature (don’t let butter resolidify).
Combine butter mixture, sugars egg, and egg yolk in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in mega-morsels and walnuts.
Drop dough be heaping tablespoonfuls 2” apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 325º for 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Variation: For holidays, substitute mega-morsels with red & green colored baking chips or plain M&M’s.
Sweet Potato Biscuits
From the Kitchen of Kim Carper
- 4 - 5 c. self-rising flour (start with 4 cups and add as needed)
- 4 c. cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (if canned, drained)
- 1 ½ c. butter-flavored Crisco
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. light brown sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- Milk – if needed to moisten
Mix sweet potatoes, Crisco, sugars, and cinnamon.
Work in flour and knead until ingredients are blended. Add small amount of milk (1-2 tablespoons as needed) for lighter biscuits.
Pinch small amount of dough and roll into biscuits.
Roll ball of dough in flour as needed & pat flour onto hands to prevent sticking.
Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Serve hot with butter.
Makes about 35 biscuits
My dear friend Kim Carper sent this to me, along with several more recipes that I will post in the next few days. Thanks Kim!
Chocolate Chip, Oats 'n Caramel Cookie Squares
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Dash salt, if desired
- 2/3 cup caramel topping
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 bag (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in oats and salt. Reserve 1/2 cup dough for topping. In ungreased 9-inch square pan, press remaining dough mixture evenly in bottom to form crust.a
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until dough puffs and appears dry.
- In small bowl, mix caramel topping, flour and vanilla until well blended. Sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips evenly over crust. Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture. Crumble reserved 1/2 cup dough mixture over caramel.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen bars. Cool completely, about 1 hour, 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake crust 12 to 14 minutes. After topping crust, bake 22 to 27 minutes
Day 41 Things I Love About My Husband’s Cancer Diagnosis Before you question my sanity, please let me explain. I cried while I was ...
Star Wars Free Printable Tags & Stickers If you have a Star Wars Lego lover like I do, then they will love you forever by ...
One thing that is been very helpful to me during times of wait is to keep a “Thanksgiving Journal”. Basically you take a moment each da...
How many times have I lost my song during "waiting times?" Lord, help me keep my song, even when all I can do is hum . . . ...